My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

After taking a few years off, I'm back in seminary here in the Twin Cities, Minnesota, at United Theological Seminary. What a wonderful place to be! Surrounded by friends old and new, I'm exploring my call to Unitarian Universalist ministry with friends, classmates, and the world around me. I am watching for the spring and feeling it unfold within myself.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Out of Balance?

Something I've been contemplating lately has bee whether or not there is something out of line, not balanced, just wrong in my inner self. Something that I haven't emotionally addressed, something that isn't sitting correctly in my body, something my spirit is begging for me to feel. Something like this must be the case because while most everything seems to be going so well (I feel happy a lot of the time, I'm part of communities again, I'm busy doing things I enjoy), I am remarkably accident prone lately. The list is long, from an inordinent number of paper cuts to dreadfully bad days at work to bumping into things to getting more serious cuts to having my purse snatched to falling down the stairs. By the last two, the reality that this isn't normal misfortunes or accidents, but a serious streak of getting hurt, really started to set in.

But, how do I even start to consider what it is that isn't right? If it's manifesting itself so clearly in my body, you would think that it's pretty serious, but I can't even begin to name it. I'm just going to have to sit with this one longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home